So Lane and I decided to start a blog together. I'm not really sure how much Lane plans to write on this, and not really sure what to do with my own blog which I've had for years, but I guess we'll just see how this works. Mostly the thought of a new blog was exciting because I got to make a puppy and penguin graphic for it. Isn't it fun?
We've been married for over a month now, and, after the insanity of the wedding, the reception in Utah, and the drive across the country, we are finally settled in our little house about 20 minutes outside of Ithaca. It really feels like we're playing house. When Lane's not too busy with his studies, we cook together, clean together, and eat bounteous amounts of ice cream together (as a very conservative estimate, about 1 gallon of ice cream/two of us/1.5 weeks. I swear it's not my fault. Lane is addicted - I'm just his enabler).
There's not too much to do out here. Lane has been busy with his studies, and I'm just looking for work and trying not to go stir crazy. Ithaca itself is smaller than I thought it would be, as is the village we now live in. Still, we have the tallest waterfall east of the Mississippi just five minutes away from us, and plenty of wildlife to adore. On Sunday morning, as I was getting ready for church, Lane came into the room with his hands clasped together. Guess what he had?
Yup! A toad! Lane had been looking out of our kitchen window, and saw it hopping under one of our trees. He couldn't tell what it was at first, and, thinking that maybe it was a baby bunny (we have a larger bunny we've named Frankfurt who visits us everyday, but this was obviously too small to be him), went out to see if he could catch it to show it to me. Luckily, Tommy the Toad was very accommodating, and consented to being brought into the house to hop around for a while.
Sadly, we knew we had to let him go, though we really wanted to keep him. You can't tell from the pictures, but he had a cute fat little tuckus, of which thing we approved. Lane misses him quite a bit. Lane's cute like that.
Well, hopefully more pictures of our adventures and our new creature friends (and foes) will be coming soon. I have yet to figure out how to upload images from Lane's camera.


Ah! How fun to find a toad! And I love the new graphic. And you are close to a big waterfall! How super amazing!
ReplyDelete