Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

sometimes...

Sometimes, I try to be a good wife.

Sometimes, it works:

labels so I can play chords for Lane as he jams on his guitar

Sometimes, it doesn't:

a pair of Lane's khakis. can you tell what's wrong?

I burned them with an iron.



Then, sometimes, it works again:


This was one of those times. It was Lane's birthday on Thursday, so I decided I would try to be an impressive wife, and bake him a cake.

After some debate, I only used 3 of the 4 layers.
Mostly because I ran out of frosting. Oh well.
Hmm... still missing something.

That helps, but still not quite ready...

Fork, yes, helpful but not necessary... what does it still need?

Ah, happy birthday boy. Perfect.

Yum.

It was a fun little birthday celebration for Lane. We went out to dinner at an Italian place in downtown T-burg, then headed home for cake. We had a fun little surprise as we drove home.

Do you see it?


She was absolutely adorable! She was just a little skunk, and she waddled along super slowly and in a somewhat disoriented fashion. Do skunks get drunk? Maybe she was looking for a beer bottle in the recycling bin?

sad.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are too cute! Chords? On the piano?! And that cek!! What a work of art! I'd love to see pictures of your house :)

    ReplyDelete